1Samuel 30:1 And it came to pass, when David and his men were come to Ziklag on the third day, that the Amalekites had invaded the south, and Ziklag, and smitten Ziklag, and burned it with fire; 2 And had taken the women captives, that were therein: they slew not any, either great or small, but carried them away, and went on their way. 3 So David and his men came to the city, and, behold, it was burned with fire; and their wives, and their sons, and their daughters, were taken captives. 4 Then David and the people that were with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep. 5 And David's two wives were taken captives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the wife of Nabal the Carmelite. 6 And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God. 7 And David said to Abiathar the priest, Ahimelech's son, I pray thee, bring me hither the ephod. And Abiathar brought thither the ephod to David. 8 And David inquired at the LORD, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all. 9 So David went, he and the six hundred men that were with him, and came to the brook Besor, where those that were left behind stayed. 10 But David pursued, he and four hundred men: for two hundred abode behind, which were so faint that they could not go over the brook Besor.
2016 THE YEAR OF YOUR RECOVERY
- 2016 is going to be the year of Recovery!
- To recover means to:
- To get back
- To reclaim
- To regain
- To recoup
- To retrieve
- To recapture
- To repossess
- To have a restoration
- Key Verse here is Verse 8 And David inquired at the LORD, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover
- Many people under my hearing have lost many things! Some have lost Time, some Money, some Peace, some Positions, some Properties, some Jobs, some Families, some good Relationships!
- Many have been losers! David had lost everything! His two wives, his relatives, his properties and all! Due to the act of the Amalekites, his men 600 of them started conspiring to kill him to revenge!
- But David encouraged himself in the Lord his God! Many times even our confidants, our close people whom we know cannot leave us, they will still leave us some day! And that is the time one need to encourage himself in the Lord his God! 2016, do not allow yourself to be discouraged by people!
- Then pursue! Pursue and you will recover all without fail! God’s mind is to RESTORE your position!
Jeremiah 30:17 But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the LORD, ‘because you are called an outcast, Zion for whom no one cares.’ 18 “This is what the LORD says: “ ‘I will restore the fortunes of Jacob’s tents and have compassion on his dwellings; the city will be rebuilt on her ruins, and the palace will stand in its proper place. 19 From them will come songs of thanksgiving and the sound of rejoicing. I will add to their numbers,and they will not be decreased; I will bring them honor,and they will not be disdained. 20 Their children will be as in days of old, and their community will be established before me; I will punish all who oppress them.
- 2016 and this season, God will restore
- Your health and health all your wounds
- Change your Name as some have been known as outcasts! The Name will change from Zion, the uncertain to the City of David!
- All your fortunes
- You will be rebuilt all your ruins
- You will stand in your proper place
- Verse 19 God will add to your numbers! You will increase
- And your community will be ESTABLISHED before the Lord!
2016 THE YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT
- To Establish means:
- To set up
- To found
- To institute
- To start
- To launch
- To bring something into a place of prominence and revelation or Manifestation
- Lack of establishment makes someone GIVE BIRTH TO WIND
Isaiah 26:17 As a woman with child and about to give birth writhes and cries out in her pain, so were we in your presence, O LORD.18 We were with child, we writhed in pain, BUT WE GAVE BIRTH TO WIND. We have not brought salvation to the earth; we have not given birth to people of the world.
- SEVEN SIGNS OF ESTABLISHMENT GOD WILL GIVE! Zeph. 3:19-20
Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.” 18 “The sorrows for the appointed feasts I will remove from you; they are a burden and a reproach to you. 19 At that time I will deal with all who oppressed you; I will rescue the lame and gather those who have been scattered. I will give them praise and honor in every land where they were put to shame. 20 At that time I will gather you; at that time I will bring you home. I will give you honor and praise among all the peoples of the earth when I restore your fortunes before your very eyes,” says the LORD.
- The Lord will deal with all who oppressed you
- The Lord will rescue the lame, all those lame in one way or another
- The Lord will gather those who have been scattered
- The Lord will give you praise
- The Lord will give you honor in every land
- The Lord will bring you home
- The Lord will restore all your fortunes
2016 THE YEAR OF YOUR INCREASE
- 2016 will be your year to increase
- To increase is to
- Add to or augment
- To Boost
- To amplify
- To enlarge
- To swell
- To enhance
- To multiply
- To improve
- Prophetically, the mind of God to increase you is in Leviticus 26:6-13
Leviticus 26:6 “ ‘I will grant peace in the land, and you will lie down and no one will make you afraid. I will remove savage beasts from the land, and the sword will not pass through your country. 7 You will pursue your enemies, and they will fall by the sword before you. 8 Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand, and your enemies will fall by the sword before you. 9 “‘I will look on you with favor and make you fruitful and increase your numbers, and I will keep my covenant with you. 10 You will still be eating last year’s harvest when you will have to move it out to make room for the new. 11 I will put my dwelling place among you, and I will not abhor you. 12 I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people. 13 I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt so that you would no longer be slaves to the Egyptians; I broke the bars of your yoke and enabled you to walk with heads held high.
- This portion defines what will happen 2016
- God will grant peace in the Land
- No one will make you afraid
- God will remove savage beasts from the land
- The Sword will not pass through this land! We will not be attacked
- We will pursue our enemies and they will fall by the sword before us!
Our enemies are not people but demons and evil spirits
Ephesian 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
We will be engaged in spiritual warfare all through out the year!
2Corinthians 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
- The Lord will look on us with favor! It will be the year of the Lord’s Favor
- The Lord will make us fruitful and increase in numbers
- The Lord will keep His Covenant with us to be with us!!! He will walk with us!
2016 WILL BE THE YEAR OF:
- ESTABLISHMENT AND